Email Marketing Tips – 5 Explosive Ways to Build Your List Quickly
If you are not building a list now, you are leaving a lot of money on the table. A list is your asset as it gives you the power to drive traffic and sales on demand. Now, let me share with you 5 explosive ways to build your list quickly:
1. Forum marketing. Participate in forum discussions actively. Most forums allow you to place a link to your website in your signature. Contribute something useful to the community and build your reputation. When people find that you have something useful to share, they will check out the link in your signature.
2. Create a squeeze page to capture visitors’ email addresses and names. Your squeeze page should be straight to the point by offering visitors a free gift in exchange for their emails and names. The headline of your squeeze page is very important as it is the first thing that captures the attention of your visitors. Do not put other things on your squeeze page that distract visitors from opting in to your list.
3. Offer a free gift in exchange for emails and names. There are many things that you can offer as a free gift to entice opt-ins, some examples are: e-book, whitepaper, voucher, video, audio and email tutorial course. People always like to receive free stuff. Therefore, offering a freebie on your squeeze page is a good way to entice them to opt in.
4. Promote your squeeze page aggressively. List building is a number game. The more traffic you drive to your squeeze page, the more opt-ins you will get. There are many ways to drive targeted traffic to your page, some methods are: blogging, pay per click advertising, forum marketing, social networking, social bookmarking, search engine optimization, blog commenting and article marketing.
5. Increase the conversion of your squeeze page. Once you have enough traffic to your website, you can determine your conversion rate. The next step is to increase the conversion rate of your squeeze page. If your squeeze page is getting 100 opt-ins with 1000 unique visitors a day, it is a 10% conversion rate. Your goal is to increase the conversion rate by another 5% – 10%. Test different headlines, sub-headlines, opt-in button color, etc. Google Website Optimizer is a very good split testing system that allows you to test different variations of your page for free.
List building is all about relevancy and relationship. If you can offer something that people want, they will opt in. Once they opt in, the next step is to build a strong relationship with them and profit for years to come.