We’re currently in the Information Age – an era where information is shared among people almost at the speed of light. This, of course, was made possibly through the Internet. As more and more people are getting online, online marketing has reached a level in a way that marketers from decades ago can only ever dream of. With that in mind, many marketers have used the Internet as a powerful medium to market their products and services that they completely shelved the notion of using the ever reliable method of offline marketing.
This is a grave mistake any marketer shouldn’t commit, since offline marketing is as essential as it was decades ago. It is also made more significant if used hand in hand with online marketing. To bolster your marketing efforts, here are important offline marketing methods to help you out.
1. Direct mailing is a method that is no less effective as it was before even with the current popularity of emails. Direct mail comes in the form of flyers, brochures, letters and postcards. You can also create your own hard copies on your own printer to reduce costs. Mailing postcards are also cheaper than mailing letters and fliers, so make sure that make use of this method to maximize your capital.
One avenue where you can focus your direct mails is the brick and mortar businesses. This is obvious for the fact that an actual physical establishment can have offline marketing materials that employees can read at their own leisure. So don’t forget to include these establishments in your recipients list when you distribute your direct mails.
2. Conducting seminars, workshops and symposiums can go a long way into making your business more visible, and at the same time, showcase your expertise on matters concerning your niche. If you are able to build a reputation in the industry you’re part of, word will spread, and this in turn will help make your product a household name.
3. You can also advertise in newspapers and magazines. This type of offline marketing campaign can cost you some money, so you’ll have to tread carefully and make use of your budget wisely. The key here is to choose the right publications that will advertise your product. To do this, you have to pick the ones that distribute their papers at a high volume. If local, pick those whose area of distribution has a large population. Another important thing: since the popularity of the Internet, magazine and newspaper readership has dwindled, and I would recommend having the ads printed only on Sundays to improve visibility.
4. Charity events are a great opportunity to showcase your product. As one of the sponsors, your brand’s logo can be displayed on all their advertising materials. One rule of thumb is that your website’s URL should be displayed as well. Do this, and the amount of exposure your product will get will be considerable.
5. Finally, you can use yourself as your own product’s advertisement, much like what a mascot does for a company. No, you don’t have to wear silly costumes. Wearing a T-shirt with your site’s URL printed on it, as well as a car sticker with the same effect, should suffice. When you are your own advertisement, you can execute your offline marketing campaign on a more personal level.